- Pavlides, C. & Winson, J. Influences of hippocampal place cell firing in the awake state on the activity of these cells during subsequent sleep episodes. J Neurosci 9,2907–2918 (1989).
- Iriki, A., Pavlides, C., Keller, A. & Asanuma, H. Long-term potentiation in the motor cortex. Science 245,1385–1387 (1989).
- Iriki, A., Pavlides, C., Keller, A. & Asanuma, H. Long-term potentiation of thalamic input to the motor cortex induced by coactivation of thalamocortical and corticocortical afferents. J Neurophysiol 65,1435–1441 (1991).
- Pavlides, C., Miyashita, E. & Asanuma, H. Projection from the sensory to the motor cortex is important in learning motor skills in the monkey. J Neurophysiol 70,733–741 (1993).
- Pavlides, C., Ogawa, S., Kimura, A. & McEwen, B. S. Role of adrenal steroid mineralocorticoid and glucocorticoid receptors in long-term potentiation in the CA1 field of hippocampal slices. Brain Res 738,229–235 (1996).
- Asanuma, H. & Pavlides, C. Neurobiological basis of motor learning in mammals. Neuroreport 8, i–vi (1997).
- Pavlides, C. & McEwen, B. S. Effects of mineralocorticoid and glucocorticoid receptors on long-term potentiation in the CA3 hippocampal field. Brain Res 851, 204–214 (1999).
- Ribeiro, S., Goyal, V., Mello, C. V. & Pavlides, C. Brain gene expression during REM sleep depends on prior waking experience. Learn Mem 6,500–508 (1999).
- Kimura, A. & Pavlides, C. Long-term potentiation/depotentiation are accompanied by complex changes in spontaneous unit activity in the hippocampus. J Neurophysiol 84,1894–1906 (2000).
- Ribeiro, S. et al.Induction of hippocampal long-term potentiation during waking leads to increased extrahippocampal zif-268 expression during ensuing rapid-eye-movement sleep. Journal of Neuroscience 22,10914–10923 (2002).
- Yamada, K., McEwen, B. S. & Pavlides, C. Site and time dependent effects of acute stress on hippocampal long-term potentiation in freely behaving rats. Exp Brain Res 52,52–59 (2003).
- Ishikawa, H., Yamada, K., Pavlides, C. & Ichitani, Y. Sleep deprivation impairs spontaneous object-place but not novel-object recognition in rats. Neurotic Lett 580,114–118 (2014).
- Nakamura, N. H. et al.Hippocampal cells encode places by forming small anatomical clusters. Neuroscience 166,994–1007 (2010).
- Cho, J. et al.Fear memory consolidation in sleep requires protein kinase A. Learn Mem 25,241–246 (2018).
- Pavlides, C. et al.Hippocampal functional organization: A microstructure of the place cell network encoding space. Neurobiol Learn Mem 161,122–134 (2019).